Welcome to the 2021 Coast Outdoors P'ayakentsut Virtual Challenge! This is our way of offering this popular event in a safe manner during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please review the information below before registering and skiing.
All distances are to be skied on your own, maintaining appropriate social distancing and following all COVID rules as per the government laws and guidelines and venue rules at the location where you will be skiing.
You may ski your selected distance using either one of official marked Payak courses at Whistler Olympic Park (WOP), a combination of your own choice at WOP (e.g. the dog-friendly trails if you so choose), or at another venue if you are unable to access WOP. You may use an app like Strava to track your distance.
How will the Payak Virtual Challenge work?
- Choose and register for a Payak event distance to complete. You have a choice between 15, 25, 30 or 50 km for adults, 15 km for youth aged 13-17 or 5 km for children aged 5 to 12. If you plan on skiing more than one distance over the challenge time period, please register for each distance separately. However, you can ski and upload results for a given distance as many times as you like with a single registration for that distance.
- Complete this distance any day between Saturday, March 6 and Sunday, March 21, inclusive.
- Record/upload your results for the distance you registered and skied, and view the current running results, using the link under "Race Results", which will appear on this event page starting March 6. If you use an app like Strava or a smart watch to track your virtual ski, you will have the option to upload a GPX file. Please see note below for multiple results entries.
You may ski multiple times and submit multiple results. All registrants who complete the course and submit their results will be included in the draw prizes. You must register to record results and then be eligible for prizing.
- Adult (18+) 15, 25, 30 or 50 km - $15
- ParaNordic 10 km sit ski, 15, 25, 30 or 50 km - $10
- Youth (13-17) 15 km - $10
- Child (5-12) 5 km - no charge
Please note, there are no refunds.
Important Note for Multiple Results Entries
We have discovered an issue with multiple results for a given entry with the same first name, last name and email address that results in previous values being used, even if the distance skied (for example) is different. To bypass this issue, when you are entering multiple results, please add "-1", "-2", "-3", etc. to the end of your first name, increasing the number for each entry, so that your first name will be different each time.
If you make an error, please contact the race secretary at email@example.com to correct. Do not attempt to correct errors yourself since that may result in multiple entries and your result being hidden.