The Coast Outdoors P'ayakentsut loppet is back on February 26! The Payak Virtual Challenge is also being offered again this year, from February 27 to March 6 (see details below). Ski one or ski both. If you are not able to ski on February 26, please consider volunteering, and bring family and friends along too!
Payak Virtual Challenge
Total distance skied is the focus for the Virtual Challenge so get out and ski as many times as you can. All distances are to be skied on your own, maintaining appropriate social distancing and following all COVID rules as per the government laws and guidelines and venue rules at the location where you will be skiing.
You may ski your selected distance using either one of official marked Payak courses at Whistler Olympic Park (WOP), a combination of your own choice at WOP (e.g. the dog-friendly trails if you so choose), or at another venue if you are unable to access WOP. You may use an app like Strava to track your distance.
How will the Payak Virtual Challenge work?
- Choose and register for a Payak event distance to complete. You have a choice between 15, 25, 30 or 50 km for adults, 15 km for youth aged 13-17 or 5 km for children aged 5 to 12. If you plan on skiing more than one distance over the challenge time period, please register for each distance separately. However, you can ski and upload results for a given distance as many times as you like with a single registration for that distance.
- Complete this distance any day between Saturday, February 27 and Sunday, March 6, inclusive.
- Record/upload your results for the distance you registered and skied, and view the current running results, using the link under "Race Results", which will appear on this event page starting February 27. If you use an app like Strava or a smart watch to track your virtual ski, you will have the option to upload a GPX file. Please see note below for multiple results entries.
You may ski multiple times and submit multiple results. All registrants who complete the course and submit their results will be included in the draw prizes. You must register to record results and then be eligible for prizing.
Payak Virtual Challenge Fees
- Adult (18+) 15, 25, 30 or 50 km - $15
- ParaNordic 10 km sit ski, 15, 25, 30 or 50 km - $10
- Youth (13-17) 15 km - $10
- Child (5-12) 5 km - no charge
Please note, there are no refunds.
Important Note for Multiple Results Entries for Virtual Challenge
There is an issue with multiple results for a given entry with the same first name, last name and email address that results in previous values being used, even if the distance skied (for example) is different. To bypass this issue, when you are entering multiple results, please add "-1", "-2", "-3", etc. to the end of your first name, increasing the number for each entry, so that your first name will be different each time.
If you make an error, please contact the race secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct. Do not attempt to correct errors yourself since that may result in multiple entries and your result being hidden.