XC Lesson Sign Up
Enter each member's information below and select the programs specific to this individual
Jan 28 at 10:30 - 3:30 Mayerthorpe Arena Sports Grounds.
Dress warm, bring a lunch
We are excited to have Anne Bradley as our instructor for these lessons
The following is the lesson itinerary
Introduction- what to expect today,
Xc skiing benefits, types of equipment, classic vs. skate, picking out equipment
- Athletic stance-ankles bent, knees bent slight lean forward.
- Try bounding on ski boot-one leg at a time
- Put skis on- make a star.
- Jump up with skis on.
- Diagonal stride-demonstrate(no poles)
- Ski with emphasis on using one leg at a time.
- Swinging arms to get momentum.
- Trying to get the most glide out of your ski.
- Drill with one ski
Lunch- discussion of clothing
- Double poling
Warm up/break-fueling your skiing
Candy cane scavenger hunt/touring on skis
Hill-going up and down
- To participate in lessons you must be a club member . If you are not a current member please go to sign up here: https://zone4.ca/reg.asp?id=30148
|Ski Rental (optional)||15|